From farmboy to part-time jockey, this Hall of Famer from Roswell, Georgia went on to become one of the most noted automobile racing announcers in the country, while at the same time serving as national senior vice president of HAV-A-TAMPA Cigar Company. Jimmy noted, “As I have always said, it’s not what I’ve done for racing, but what racing has done for me. It has afforded me the opportunity to meet so many nice people. What a great life.”
- First announced horse racing in the 1940’s.
- NASCAR/MARC/SRE racing announcer since 1949.
- Founder of the HAV-A-TAMPA Racing Series
- 1954 – Southern Racing Enterprise’s…. Voice of the Speedways Award.”
- 2000 – Inducted to the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame.
- Nationally recognized as having “announced more racing events in the United States than any other public addressor.”